6 May 2006
Archbishop's Palace, Mandaluyong.
And on this day in history..
- 1889 - The Eiffel Tower is officially opened to the public at the Universal Exposition in Paris.
- 1937 - Hindenburg disaster: The German zeppelin Hindenburg catches fire and is destroyed within a minute while attempting to dock at Lakehurst, New Jersey. Thirty-six people are killed.
- 1942 - World War II: On Corregidor, the last American forces in the Philippines surrender to the Japanese.
- 1994 - Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom and French President François Mitterrand inaugurate the opening of the Channel Tunnel – a tunnel under the English Channel linking England and France for the first time since the end of the Great Ice Age.
- 1501 - Pope Marcellus II (d. 1555)
- 1574 - Pope Innocent X (d. 1655)
- 1758 - Maximilien Robespierre, French Revolutionary (d. 1794)
- 1856 - Sigmund Freud, Austrian psychiatrist (d. 1939)
- 1856 - Robert Peary, American explorer (d. 1920)
- 1861 - Rabindranath Tagore, Indian author (d. 1941)
- 1868 - Tsar Nicholas II of Russia (d. 1918)
- 1882 - Crown Prince Wilhelm of Germany (d. 1951)
- 1895 - Rudolph Valentino, Italian actor (d. 1926)
- 1915 - Orson Welles, American director (d. 1985)
- 1931 - Willie Mays, baseball player
- 1937 - Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, American boxer
- 1953 - Tony Blair, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- 1961 - George Clooney, American actor
And some people also kicked the bucket on May 6.